iGuard Query Management
Available from Teleran Technologies Inc.
iGuard – Automatically Managing Business Users and Queries in Real-Time
Automatic problem prevention is critical to sustaining the performance, compliance, cost control and user satisfaction you need to deliver.
No matter how much planning and support goes into BI, data warehouses and other dynamic application environments, business users unknowingly issue inappropriate or "runaway" queries that degrade performance, deliver inaccurate results, or breach compliance policies.
iGuard, a user/query policy action engine, prevents users from launching resource wasting or inappropriate queries. If a user’s query is stopped by an iGuard policy, a customizable message is instantaneously sent to business the user to guide him or her on ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their query. iGuard policies, along with iGuard user messages, dynamically manage users, improving their productivity while minimizing help desk calls, system resource waste and support costs.
Key iGuard Capabilities:
• Stop Cartesian joins and runaway queries
• Establish comprehensive policies that block unauthorized access
• Prevent execution of queries that will return enormous data sets
• Guide users instantaneously to be more effective and efficient
• Define clear and meaningful error messages to help users improve and correct usage
• Monitor policy actions and effectiveness
iGuard enables you to deliver the application performance, quality and protection your users and management depend on.