(Click to enlarge image)
CoSort is a big data staging and transformation package, and is used in many of the world's largest data warehouses to perform, combine, and accelerate ETL operations alone or alongside legacy ETL tools.
You can also use CoSort to:
• Replace slower 3GL, Perl and SQL jobs
• Feed, speed, or re-seed BI/DW tools
• Relieve application and system overhead
• Filter, integrate, and stage large files
• Generate custom reports and hand-offs
• Accelerate bulk DB reorgs and loads
• Mask and encrypt fields and records
• Convert legacy sorts and data types
• Migrate between flat and index files
• Synthesize safe test data in real formats
• Detect, capture, and audit changed data
The CoSort package ships with several data manipulation and metadata conversion utilities, library functions and API calls, full documentation, and a powerful workbench IDE built on Eclipse. SortCL uses an open, explicit metadata for data definition and manipulation. SortCL's self-documenting 4GL job scripts perform - and combine - high-speed data transformation, conversion, reporting, and protection in large file environments. The IRI Workbench GUI supports all of the feature-functions of the CoSort Sort Control Language (SortCL) program.