The SQL Power Architect Data Modeling & Profiling Tool was created by data warehouse designers and has many unique features geared specifically for the data warehouse architect. It allows users to reverse-engineer existing databases, perform data profiling on source databases, and auto-generate ETL metadata.
- Accesses source databases via JDBC
- Connects to multiple source databases concurrently
- Compares data models & database structures and identifies discrepancies
- Drag-and-drop source tables & columns into the playpen
- Remembers the origin of each column
- Generates source-to-target visual Mapping Reports
- Forward/reverse engineers PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server & more
- Saves source data structure snapshots in the project, so you can work remotely
- All project data is stored in an easy-to-parse XML format
- OLAP schema modeling: Cubes, Measures, Dimensions, Hierarchies & Levels
- Free Download (Open Source, GPL v.3 licensed)
Data Architects, DBA's, Analysts and Designers rely on Data Modeling tools to facilitate and simplify their data Modeling efforts, while maximizing the use of their resources. The SQL Power Architect allows these busy highly technical resources to perform this most intricate part of their job in a fraction of the time.
Plus, SQL Power Architect has the ability to take snapshots of database structures, allowing users to design DW data models while working offline.